Running Gags

Okay – I’ve had two emails this week, both looking for local groups. They are not connected in any way other than this post…

Firstly, Anne asks:

Do you know of a comedy writing group in the East Greenwich area? My mid-life crisis (okay, it’s a little later than “mid”) is taking me in that direction but I can’t find anything nearby. If I can’t find one I think I will start one.

Then Solange asks:

Do you know of a friendly running group (free) in Greenwich please?

So – suggestions, please. I do like the idea of a new comedy writing group if Anne starts one (think there was a course at the Tramshed, but it doesn’t appear to be on now). If we don’t come up with any existing groups, but you’d like to join Anne, do email me and I’ll pass you on. You never know we might end up with a Phantom Comedy Group as successful as the Phantom Book Group!

7 Comments to “Running Gags”

1. daisychain says:

oh yes i’d like to know of any little running groups. the only group I know of in the area is in catford but that’s a proper club!

2. Sophie says:

Greenwich Parkrun (okay, it’s in Eltham) is a free, friendly 5km run every Saturday morning.

3. Nelson's Left Eye says:

I’d be interested in a comedy group! I’ve been writing for long-distance friends (ie the USA!) up until now and it would be nice if there was something a little more local!

If there isn’t one, I’ll email in about setting one up.

4. Capability Bowes says:

There’s a Phantom Book Group?

5. Nicolette says:

There’s Greenwich Running Co. @greenwichrunnin I follow them on Twitter. Not sure if it’s free.

Only Writing group I know about is at Greenwich Waterstones Writers.

Hope I’ve helped.

Nikki

6. daisychain says:

I think Greenwich running is a paid group class.

7. John says:

There’s a running/jogging group that starts from the cafe in Charlton Park – I know nothing about it other than the cafe is the Old Cottage and a sign on the inside of the door says that there’s a Facebook group, which my google-fu was insufficient to find.