Jolly Christmas Lights

Heavens – is it just me trying to deny the march of time or has the festive season snuck up on everyone this year? I’m so NOT ready to be festive yet – and yet there’s no denying it’s almost here. From the council guys putting up the lights earlier this week:

to the arrival of the Christmas tree (nice to see a real one back…)

Photo: Mike Purdy

and being spruced up:

Photo: Mike Purdy

through to the grand switching on yesterday:

Missed the lantern parade and the turning on of the Greenwich Christmas lights yesterday? Worry not. Mike didn’t:

So – what’s next…? Advent Windows and Greenwich Panto. Actually come to think of it, I am feeling a little more festive…

santa claus Greenwich market
santa claus Greenwich market

Christmas lights Greenwich market
Christmas lights Greenwich market

Photo: Mike Purdy
christmas tree arriving 2013 mike 2

Photo: Mike Purdy
christmas tree arriving 2013 mike low

Counci chap putting up lights
Counci chap putting up lights

9 Comments to “Jolly Christmas Lights”

1. bats says:

I do hope there is a Phantom advent calendar this year.

2. So sorry to disappoint, Bats – but I’ve been wracking my brains and can’t think of a way to top last year’s effort. I didn’t want to do anything that wouldn’t be funnier than the previous one.

If people have suggestions I’d love to hear them – pop me an email!

3. Capability Bowes says:

Nooooooooooo! The advent calendar was one of my highlights of last year!

Hey, its been Christmas in Eltham High Street since the day after August Bank Holiday, when Clinton Cards started putting our their Christmas cards in the middle of the heatwave.

4. bats says:

I’m gutted, looks like I will have to make do with a cadburys one this year.

5. handy al says:

What do people think of the christmas lights this year (not the christmas tree ones) the ones around the cutty sark gardens on the lamps and along the wall.
    All the best
    a certain handyperson

6. Darren says:

Couldn’t you just re-run last years calendar?

After all that’s what Greenwich Time would do.

7. Chris says:

How about Rob’s on http://www.greenwich.co.uk/

support a local blogger and all that!

8. JOF says:

Maybe we could progress the Greenwich Alphabet so that it gets to X for Xmas by the 25th? T for tinsel, turkey and Turnpin Lane?

9. Al – they’re the nicest we’ve had in years! Thank your team for us!