First Decent Day of Spring…

…in the middle of April. Just look at those trees – still bare as February.

But as Mike snapped, around 2.15 yesterday, on the first day we actually got into reasonable temperatures, it became clear the new turf is holding up and looking good. It’s taken a little while (thought frankly no less time than I’d expect) but the park’s looking good. In fact I’d say ┬áthere was more long term damage done by the tobogganeers during the snow than the Olympics (those Giant Steps are definitely less giant these days…) I didn’t think I’d be saying that this time last year. I am very, very glad to have been wrong.

first decent day of spring 2013 Mike Purdy 2 low
first decent day of spring 2013 Mike Purdy 2 low

first decent day of spring 2013 Mike Purdy low
first decent day of spring 2013 Mike Purdy low

6 Comments to “First Decent Day of Spring…”

1. Capability Bowes says:

We have a date Phant (exact day still to be agreed) for our inspection, remember.

2. Tina says:

Yes, the park looked nice yesterday but what have they done to Bower Avenue? It feels awfully cramped now.

I heard it had to do with poor drainage affecting the tree roots, can anyone confirm?

3. Bad Witch says:

Yes, it was so lovely yesterday, wasn’t it. Spring might be very late, but all the more enjoyable when it finally arrived!

4. parkkeeper says:

Inspect away, Capability! We’re hanging on your every word and counting on your hmm….?@*%?!!! No time like the present.Tomorrow or sometime this week would make for excellent viewing and do tell us all what you really see.

5. Michael says:

Have got to agree with Tina that Bower avenue does feel particular narrow now. Previous pavements are now grass which is nice, but the benches, which now sit on the “road”, seem out of place and wrong.

6. Yossarian says:

Despite my grumpiness about what they did to the park during the Olympics, I too am glad to have been proved wrong – it is recovering well and the area outside the park is healing up well when I was there for the start of the marathon…