Snowy Greenwich

I’ve not ventured past my door today, but Gary did and reported back with some pics for a snowbound Phantom.

He tells me that Greenwich was pretty quiet – the market was virtually empty, a shame for the traders who must have got up so early in such hideous conditions.

But it does look pretty, I’ll give the snow that much…

Take care, folks, wherever you are.

Snowy Greenwich 2013 Gary
Snowy Greenwich 2013 Gary

Snowy Greenwich 2013  4 Gary
Snowy Greenwich 2013 4 Gary

Snowy Greenwich 2013  3 Gary
Snowy Greenwich 2013 3 Gary

Snowy Greenwich 2013  2 Gary
Snowy Greenwich 2013 2 Gary

7 Comments to “Snowy Greenwich”

1. Stephen says:

I would have ventured out had it been sunny but it was such a dull and dismal day.

2. Gary says:

Apart from being a bit chilly and was snowing, it was really lovely out yesterday. I was surprised by how few people were around. Mostly tourists who, I guess, had to make the most of their time in London.

3. JR says:

Greenwich Park was a real joy in the snow yesterday. All except for the miserable runner who screamed at me to “control the f***ing dog”. My dog is a gorgeous miniature schnauzer who goes by the name of “Blanche” and shows unlimited love for every human she meets. Seriously, what was she going to do? Lick him to death?
    Sorry, where was I? Oh yes, the park was absolutely beautiful.

4. Nelson's Left Eye says:

Yes, because a small dog playing in the park is much worse than some self-obsessed jogger who clearly believes the world revolves around HIM.

I’m going to buy a dog and train him to believe anyone jogging is carrying treats.

5. Steve says:

JR
    Without wishing to condone the rudeness of that particular runner, may I, as a runner myself try and explain why he might have been cross?

Runners generally like to mind their own business and would like to be treated accordingly. When I am out running my progress is regularly impeded by dogs running in front of us, barking, jumping up and, occasionally being bitten.

I have personally been bitten on more than one occasion, knocked over several times (by dogs off their leads) and tripped by dogs on extendable leads.

When it is showy and icy underfoot, it is very dangerous when dogs run in front of us.

If I come across your dog in front of me, I don’t know if it is going to ignore me, run in front of me, bark at me or bite me. Hence, I treat all dogs not on leads with suspicion and try and run around those that are on leads.

So, the short answer to your question is probably that he was concerned at fallling over and being hurt by your out of control dog.

Nelson’s Eye
    Why is the jogger but not the dog-owner self-obsessed?

6. JR says:

Hi Steve
    Totally get what you say about running – I’m a regular runner too and often play a round of “dodge the dog” in the park – but on this occassion said pooch was nowhere near him – rather than treating her with suspicion he was uber sensitive and reacted in an unnecessarily aggressive manner.
    That said, after a couple of marathons and countless half marathons, even I have more sense than to run in a dog-filled park when the permafrost has set in.
    Thanks for raising a valid point though.

7. Steve says:

Oh, well. Maybe he didn’t deserve me trying to defend him.