Alphabet of Greenwich – K

Okay, Nick – here it is – you are free to let loose all those ideas you’ve been storing up as today’s post is brought to you by the letter K.

Of course it’s not just Nick who can fill in my many gaps in things beginning with the letter K in Greenwich – I’d like to hear YOUR suggestions.

I guess given the Royal connections there are going to be a lot of things beginning with the same word:

But there are loads of others

So now folks – it’s up to you…

Kestrel 1
Kestrel 1

King_Charles_Building,_Greenwich_small
King_Charles_Building,_Greenwich_small

king billy
king billy

henry stephen
henry stephen

knife edge 2 low
knife edge 2 low

kent dispensary
kent dispensary

knight
knight

9 Comments to “Alphabet of Greenwich – K”

1. Paul says:

Joseph Kay – designed the whole Greenwich Market block, the very centre of Greenwich.

It’s also said that Louise de Kerouaille, King Charles’ baby-faced strumpet and the agent of Louis X1V, inspired the building of the Royal Observatory, when she’d championed a French Astronomer who claimed to have solved the problem of establishing the Longitude. Charles set up a group led by Flamsteed to investigate the claim.

It was Louise who Nell Gwynne was name-checking when she told a crowd, “Pray good people be civil, I am the Protestant whore.”

2. Mary says:

Well – as far as Greewich industry is concerned there was Kork ‘n Seal in Charlton. But much earlier was the Kampultican Co.

3. JOF says:

Kite flying on Blackheath (must be coming into season now) and
    Kent, where Greenwich used to be.

4. Fatty Fatty BumBum says:

KFC

5. Nick says:

Well, I was really only kidding (or that’s my excuse !). Here’s my puny effort….

King William Walk
    King George Street

(The) King’s Speech film, filmed partly in Greenwich.

Henry Kelsey, explorer of Canada.

Notice how the word ‘King’ comes up a lot.

6. scared of chives says:

Kronenberg, Kebabs, kung fu, knuckles, knock out [Saturday night outside Wetherspoons]

7. Stephen says:

Ohh you have used three of my photos.

I know you are onto K but I have thought of another J. Jonathan Betts Senior Specialist in horology at the Royal Observatory.

King William Court.

Keel of the Cutty Sark

8. TGP says:

…because your photos rock, Stephen!

9. DeeBee says: