AWOL

Guys – I guess it’s rather clear I haven’t posted for a while – or, indeed, replied to any of the, ahem, dozens of emails that lie gathering virtual dust in my inbox.

Apologies for that – I recognise it’s annoying and yes, there are some really interesting/shocking/important things going on just now, not to mention some exciting new books, shows and events but I’m not currently able to devote any time at all to spectral matters. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. I hope you can stay with me.

16 Comments to “AWOL”

1. Dazza says:

I hope you’re not overdoing things there Phanty?

We all miss your entertaining blog, but good things come to those that wait…..

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to ‘normal’ service again soon.

2. pat says:

Miss seeing something new to read when checking in with your blog.
    Will keep checking as I was told that patience will pay off.
    Wishing you well.

3. Nelson's Left Eye says:

We could always start our own discussion right here in the Comments…..

4. RogerW says:

It’s fine by me – hope your situation gets easier soon.
    I guess we could have a go at thinking of things beginning with G, but it wouldn’t be the same without you.

5. Chris says:

Please don’t apologise for a busy life! Bloody impertinent if people are e-mailing you to moan!

Nelson has a point about getting something going, so who here will be using the new cable car?

£3.20 a ride is quiite cheap for a novel one-off, so I’ll give it a go after the fuss dies down, but I won’t be using it regularly.

Anyone?

6. Andrew says:

I tried the cable car as a sneak preview last weekend. A great experience. As you say, not something I’ll use everyday as I live to far, but I could see the people on the north of the river by the car using it to access the Jubilee Line quicker.

Was a great experience, some great views and a good novelty experience. Another unique thing London and Greenwich has to offer.

7. Nervous around Onions says:

@parkeeper

Not quite sure what your point is? you don’t like the Cutty Sark – you do like it but you’re angry it’s been nominated in the carbuncle cup – something else?

8. Maggie says:

Miss you, phantom. Come back soon.

9. David says:

Incidentally, if anyone’s thinking of going to “Crow”, don’t. It’s truly dire.

10. Anne says:

Ah, I’m seeing “Crow” tonight. Given the less than stellar reviews, my expectations are now pretty low, so it can only be better than that, shurely?

11. David says:

Let us know how you get on. But I’ll put it this way. If I had the choice of spending 70 minutes watching paint dry, or being forced to watch Crow again……

You get the point.

12. Nelson's Left Eye says:

Parkkeeper, a major concern with the initial design (http://www.bdonline.co.uk/Pictures/web/t/k/i/Cutty-sark-visualisatio_470.JPG) was that there was nothing to stop people climbing onto the glass bubble.

Hence why the curved glass is now several feet off the ground.

13. WestCliffGB says:

@Nelson’s Left Eye

A little like putting a throw on a new sofa. Except a throw can be removed when the Vicar comes round for tea and crumpets.

14. Neil Rhind says:

Come back soon. It really isn’t the same without a daily dose of TGP. Bugle is useless at present.

15. Chris says:

That’s a bit unfair on BB Neil!

The people that do these blogs for our entertainment do have other lives.

I really appreciate their efforts.

WestCliff, your bloody mention of crumpets has got me longing for them. I am now going to have to go to the corner shop and pourchase some!