Rear Window (15)

It’s been over 18 months since the last ‘Rear Window’ shot and, to be honest I’d forgotten the occasional series until Michael sent me this.

For people who have been around for less than 18 months, Rear window is photos taken by lovely people of Greenwich from the back window of their house/flat/mansion – that secret view that only they can see. Sometimes it’s just a tom cat and a couple of bins, sometimes it’s Greenwich Park – it’s the luck of the draw, but all is fascinating to me as curious views of the town that the rest of us never get to see, building up a collection of images that just don’t appear in the guidebooks, or even history books.

I always enjoy trying to work out where they were taken from, and I’m guessing that this is some way up around Maze Hill, since the power station seems a long way away, and it’s got that arched-roofed block of flats in Traf Road in front of it, but not that far up as there’s no ┬ástation. I’m glad he took the pic before the leaves came out on the trees.

Thanks Michael. Maybe we’ll get a new collection of Rear Windows now I’ve actually remembered we used to do them…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

7 Comments to “Rear Window (15)”

1. David says:

Looks like it’s taken from Tom Smith Close to me?

2. Lara says:

Sounds like a likely position. The flats there are high enough to go over the trees which are next to the Dartford-bound platform at Maze Hill.

3. Michael says:

Spot on David – from the 3rd floor balcony (even better from the roof though!)

4. Lara says:

Michael – maybe you should host a party on the roof so we can all see? ;-) .

5. michael says:

Lara, – yes we should ! The flat roofs are wasted in Tom Smith Close.

I will take some pics from the top sometime soon, the commanding views of the river, park, and westcombe woods (at the rear) are superb – its generally only satellite dish men and pigeons who get to appreciate it most of the time.

My balcony is nice but I am dreaming of a personal observation deck on the top…

6. Lara says:

As Kevin Costner said, “if you build it they will come.”

Something like that anyhow. Party party party!!!