Trying Again

East Greenwich Farmers Market is having another go, this time a few metres away from the Pleasaunce, in Halstow Road School playground. Personally I think it’s a great idea – still close enough to the pleasaunce for the cafe, but on hard ground, with space to expand, but not too hugely

Give it a try, folks:

leaflet
leaflet

9 Comments to “Trying Again”

1. Jim Skelton says:

Dear All,

Thank you all so much for attending the Farmers Market today, the venue was fabulous and you the customers were great. Today, as with last month at the Pleasuance, the warm and welcoming atmosphere generated by you all more than made up for the cold weather. I for one will bring my Candle stall back next month. Thanks again,

Jim

2. kate p says:

Just to give the punters perspective: all the stuff I bought yesterday was of excellent quality and the atmosphere was very relaxed, and I bought from 7 or 8 stalls. (Got a bit carried away…) Saturday morning was also a nice time as it set up the weekend’s cooking nicely.
    Several people have said to me they thought it was better than Blackheath’s, which is always nice to hear as an East-Greenwichista (East-Greenwicher? East-Greenwichtonian?)

3. scared of chives says:

I went to both this weekend and struggle to see how it was/is better than Blackheath’s farmers’ market.

The stalls/produce in the East Greenwich market are at Blackheath – apart from…er…candles and shiny plastic hand-bags. There’s more choice – plants, several meat/dairy stalls etc.

Blackheath was packed today – yesterday there were never more than 25 punters at any one time – although it may have got busier.

Sorry, I wish it wasn’t true but I can’t see the East Greenwich market lasting that long. What I bought was delicious though.

4. Polar Bear says:

Hmmm….again, if it weren’t for The Phantom then we wouldn’t have known anything about the market. Very poorly advertised. Would be much better attended with some concerted leafleting!

Keep up the good work.

5. kate p says:

Scared of Chives: I didn’t mean the choice (Blackheath IS bigger and busier), but the produce… maybe I’ve bought the wrong stuff in Blackheath, but the bread in EG was 100 times better and I’ll go in future for The Giggly Pig alone.

6. Penny Lane says:

Hopefully this is only the start for the Farmers market in Halstow School. I thought it was great, excellent produce and a very nice atmosphere. If we all spread the word it should work and at last we will have something nice on our doorstep. What did you think Phantom?

7. Penny Lane says:

Some of us were leafleted, where do you live Polar Bear? I’m sure they will leaflet further afield for more custom.

8. Rebecca says:

I got a leaflet through my door. Though the school is essentially over my garden wall, so perhaps they didnt take them too far. I arrived at lunchtime and thought it was lovely. I would really love to see this continuing. Though I would love to see more stalls coming along, it did look a little sparse. Fabulous resource for us East Greenwichers though. Long may it continue I say

9. Monty says:

We went on Saturday and were very surprised at how good the produce was and different stallholders to Blackheath Farmers Market. I think a few more stalls including one selling teas and coffees and it would be great. Tell all your friends.