Plumbers

Dunders asks:

“I need to get a plumber round to have a look at a leaky bathroom and I wondered if you had every covered plumbers in any of your previous posts?”

The Phantom replies:

No – weirdly enough, for such a basic thing, I never have. Phantom Towers has its own resident plumber, so I have never needed to call one myself, but I bet somewhere out in Phantoland someone has someone to recommend…

7 Comments to “Plumbers”

1. Kate says:

Might be a bit of a late post but I can definitely reccommend Aquasan in Greenwich for any plumbing work. I use Colin at Aquasan – 0207 099 0944 – very reasonably priced, came out at short notice. Ive had a few dodgy plumbers in the past but he seemed to know what he was talking about and wasnt afraid to give an honest oppinion. He also did my boiler service so i’d definitely reccommend as a decent plumber!

2. Robert Number 16 says:

Dear Dunders

Try ANDY on 07956845151

Say Robert gave you his number.

3. scared of chives says:

SSD Plumbing – 07931 536533

Say scared of chives gave you their number (although he won’t know who I am – but heh…!)

4. EnglishRose says:

Oz Emin at ProTherm plumbers did an absolutely fantastic job when my boiler died recently – he came out at very short notice to give me a temporary fix for hot water, rang back later in the evening (9pm)to check that everything was ok and subsequently did a very professional job replacing the boiler. He can be contacted on 07956 835 187 or via the company’s website: http://www.prothermplumbing.co.uk

5. Devonshire Drivel says:

Terry Loveday is a fantastic local plumber. When disaster struck – another greenwich firm had installed incorrect boiler which led to every radiator exploding, new boiler being written off and worse – Terry came to my rescue. He installed a complete new system using “keyhole surgery” so that most of the plaster etc was undamaged and cleaned up every day. He was so nice/calm that he got us through what should have been a total nightmare ( corgi etc involved) and even kept us smiling. Oh and we now have a damn fine heating and hot water system. His number 07767 607883 terry@terryloveday.co.uk

6. M&R says:

Thank you for the timely post and the recommendations. It was very much appreciated to have a local site to use, with honest opinions. Out plumber left us in the lurch in early November and I rang around the plumbers on this listing. Most were very helpful, but in the end Colin at Aquasan – 0207 099 0944 saved the day for us. Not only were they friendly and well priced, but the copper soldering work was very tidy.

7. Wayne says:

I may be a bit late to the party here, but ask Dave at Carems plumbers merchants to recommend a plumber. Carems is the tiny shop on the corner of Christchurch & Trafalger Roads, oposite the church. It goes to a point just wide enough for a door, where Old Woolwich Road ends.