Trowels For All

Remember this? It’s one of the pictures of a new, as yet unidentified, possibly Tudor building in Greenwich Park that Rosie took a few months ago. At the time we speculated whether there would be any cash available for a small dig to investigate further.

Well, I’m delighted to say that yes – there will be an excavation, organised by Royal Parks and overseen by a consultant from Oxford, and they’re looking for volunteers to help dig.

It’s to begin on 6th September and if you’re interested, drop me an email and I’ll pass you onto the archaeologist in charge…

Exciting, eh?

bricks-and-tiles-site-in-Gre-Pk-004-low-720240
bricks-and-tiles-site-in-Gre-Pk-004-low-720240

8 Comments to “Trowels For All”

1. Kat says:

Oh, gutted…

I am away until the 8th! Would have been fascinating to help out! Where abouts in Greenwich park is it? I would love to see how they are getting on.

2. Steve says:

Two eager sets of hands available, but only from the 8th. Email on its way.

3. EnglishRose says:

One incredibly eager and moderately experienced (albeit very rusty) pair of hands signing up! Email on its way….

4. Stephen says:

There is a short piece about this in the Mercury paper.

To take part call Michael Loughnane on
    020 8858 2608 ext. 24 or email

mloughnane@royalparks.gsi.gov.uk

They request that where possible you bring along your own trowel, small hand brush, hand shovel and bucket.

There will also be a short talk at noon on the Wednesday the 8th and Friday the 10th.

5. eileen says:

has anybody had a reply re volunteering for this dig?

6. John dedman says:

Phantom Do you know anything about the cordoning off by the police of the NatWest bank in Old Dover Road yesterday 31 August 2010 And the Eltham Library being cordoned off two weeks ago by the police and a policewoman standing guard there.????? And other places being cordoned off over the past few months. No reports in local papers etc I am wondering why the News Blackout on these inidents thanking you for a reply John Dedman

7. John dedman says:

I am writing these messages on my new Smartphone so if I have clicked on the wrong site please forgive me I am trying to get used to my new mobile. I tried to post to Ask The Phantom but I don’t think I’VE GOT THE GHOST OF A CHANCE TO DO IT ON THIS PHONE IMHO. sINCERerly John Dedman email Johndedman@hotmail.com

8. John dedman says: