Borders Sans Frontieres

Stephen noticed that the railings have come down between the path and the magnificent herbaceous border near the Queen’s House. He was slightly worried that it might be something to do with the removal of some of the border to create the Sammy Ofer Wing of the NMM, but I’m inclined to be optimistic and say that it’s just breaking down barriers so we can get closer to the flowers.

Stephen and I agree that it looks better without the railings – what do you think?

herbaceus border2
herbaceus border2

herbaceus border1
herbaceus border1

6 Comments to “Borders Sans Frontieres”

1. Richard says:

Sorry, I think people might need to start getting used to views like these. This is where the 26,000 seater stadium will be so I suspect the work has to begin sometime.

2. Jack says:

I assumed the railing came down in preparation for groundwork for the equestrian stadium – that work starts soon, doesn’t it?

3. Richard B says:

Sorry to disappoint any olympics conspiracy theorists but new or at least repainted railings are being installed today

4. Snnibster says:

The new railings are almost back in place today. thankfully, we need them to keep this spectacular herbaceous boarder plants safe.

5. Jack says:

Yes, the fence was almost completely replaced this afternoon – quick work there.

6. Stephen says:

“Yes, the fence was almost completely replaced this afternoon – quick work there”

Yes that was very fast. When I took the photos last Thursday (17th June) about half the railings weres still there.

I Know that even with the railing in place an occasional football finds it’s way into the border but think it would have been a good idea to have an unobstructed view, at lleast for the rest of the summer then maybe make a decision as to whether to replace the railings.