Not Long Now

Thanks, everyone who’s been emailing, asking me what’s happening with the blog – as you can see I’ve not been posting recently. Just to reiterate, things got sticky when Blogger stopped supporting FTP and effectively switched me off.

What seemed like a real pain in the proverbial though, has given me the excuse to leave Blogger altogether and go somewhere more exciting, which I’m in the process of doing. It seemed like a good time to spruce everything up too, which the Phantom Webmaster’s been doing in a splendid fashion (as well as setting up another, extremely cute site at the same time – that one’s not live yet either, but it will be going in the links page, ready for you to say a collective ‘ahhh‘ to as soon as I’m up and running myself.)

I CAN post here – but I’m choosing not to, mainly because, as you can see, the site’s really not very well at the moment – what with no pics and the category pages up the wazoo. Of course it took my old pal BadWitch to remind me that I could just let everyone know what’s happening instead of letting things ride in a disgraceful way. So apologies for the lack of lateral thinking.

I have had my ear to the ground – much has gone on round these parts, admirably covered by all the other lovely blogs round here. I hope to be rejoining the Dame, the Bugle, DotCoDotUK, 853 et al very soon, but in the meanwhile thanks for all your questions, tips, news, suggestions – and horror stories. I have them all ‘starred’ in my inbox, ready for take off and much discussion very soon now.

15 Comments to “Not Long Now”

1. RogerW says:

Great to hear from you, and to know you'll be back

And I'm just sure one of the first things you'll be doing will be to spread the word about Sirens :)

2. Latelygay says:

Looking forward to your return Phantom. In a very non-Greenwich kind of way, can I crow that Sarah Brown and I were briefly neighbours in a traffic jam on Lambeth Bridge when I was cycling home. She was in a Range Rover with two detectives up front heading back for the resig appearance (7.10ish). At first I took her to be a royal but as I got a closer look I could see her in an intent conversation on a mobile, wearing dark glasses and her face betraying a level of strain that her partner, Gordon, has managed quite heroically to constrain. Alas, the traffic had moved on before I had the chance to tap on the window and say, 'Don't you worry yourself, hen … you'll soon be home and way out of all this, wid no more to worry aboot than the kettle whistling!'

3. Anonymous says:

SO pleased you posted Phantom; life's not the same without you. x!

Can't wait for normal service to resume.

4. Deptford dame says:

Looking forward to catching up again soon!

5. scared of chives says:

I took the opportunity to travel the world…

…but there's no place like (a Phantom) home, eh Toto? x

6. Gwladys Street says:

Good news on this first dark day of conjoined Tory and Whig rule

7. one swallow says:

So glad you're bach Phant…not the same without you.

8. Pedro says:

We miss you, phant.

Momentous, far-reaching changes are taking place in West Greenwich. The dawning of a new era.

At the same time they converted Somerfield to the Co-Op, open today, they have re-programmed the staff. They now smile… and say good morning!

I am still feeling shaky and disorientated.

9. Anonymous says:

Unfortuantely I thik the Somerfield service levels have transferred themselves to the Fresh Prince. Notwithstanding the new paint job.

10. Anonymous says:

I dont think ive ever seen so many people in suites in the Co-Op before. Think they must have been 'head-office' co-op peeps. I did get a free shopping list fridge magnet though! I spent a long time very disorientated trying to find out where they put everything now. I also note they have significantly reduced the white wine selection and increased the prices of many of my regular shopping essentials. hmm

11. moi says:

Thank goodness you are back! Looking forward to seeing you in your new guise….

12. Benedict says:

…..oh why are we waiting why are we waiting …..I'll have to send you the techno beavers to help you out.

13. Anonymous says:

since when the phantoms are going on holidays??

…moreover their perception of time is not the same that for mortals……………..

14. Lucy says:

Are we nearly there yet?

It must be a tribute to your blog that it feels like months…;-)

15. Anonymous says:

Looking forward to seeing you back Phantom….