Any Debate Screenings?

Emily asks:

“Do you happen to know of any pubs in our ‘hood are screening the party leaders’ debate tomorrow, seeing as it’s on Sky so we can’t watch it and heap abuse on our own television?”

The Phantom replies:

Well, I think it’s on Sky News, which I can get even though I don’t have Sky – I believe it’s part of the freeview thing, but yes, take your point, not everyone has that.

Hmm. No – I don’t know of anywhere specific – but someone here might.

10 Comments to “Any Debate Screenings?”

1. Anonymous says:

Surely people will be escaping to pubs during the ballooning media frenzy around the debates.

Saying that, it is on Sky News so available on Freeview/Sky/Virgin.

2. Matt says:

Sky News is also available online I think.

Its also on LBC 97.3 on the traditional wireless!

3. Tom Chivers says:

If Emily phones round the pubs I'm sure she can convince one to put it on – usually works for sport.

4. Emily Bishop says:

Ah, yes, we do get Sky News at home. Would be fun to watch in a crowd though – not sure asking a pub to screen it will necessarily yield much enthusiasm from anyone else there not expecting it to be on! Many thanks though :)

5. Sir Thomas Slade says:

It could be one sensible use for the big screen in General Gordon Place, Woolwich. Would our Glorious Leader (Roberts, not Brown) sanction it?

6. Anonymous says:

I think it is repeated on BBC2 straight after.

7. Badger says:

Any pub will be screening the European football on tonite

8. Anonymous says:

The Prince Albert would have shown it

9. Anonymous says:

The Prince Albert woul dhave shown it

10. I can not believe some of the internet pages My partner and i have been brought to by stumblupon (only just currently this particular web page) I was seeking to pass a few dull 60 minutes away, when stumbleupon landed me here. What a good web you possess Im so pleased to have found it I have just passed the previous 20 mins working through several of your posts, and have additionally bookmarked some of them. I will defiantly be back again in order to read a bit more when i have abit more time.