Hairdressers

Kim asks:

“I have been going to Go West at the standard for some time and it is fine but my hair is not sensational. Is there any other good hairdressers you could recommend, that don’t cost the earth but do a great job. Would appreciate a quick answer, need to get it cut this weekend/Monday if poss”

You would think that with the plethora of hairdressers around – a infinite number on Trafalgar and Woolwich roads for a start – that there would be somewhere that stands out but I haven’t heard much about any of them – most people just say, like yourself, “it’s ok.”

I have heard good reports of Bavardez in Trafalgar Road, but haven’t been myself – so can only report hearsay.

I confess that I actually travel some distance to a friend who does mine, which I know doesn’t help you. But I know that people out there will have their own opinions.

So, guys. Any chop shops we should be earmarking – or avoiding?

28 Comments to “Hairdressers”

1. Anonymous says:

got to stick up for GC on here! Had my hair cut with Katie for over a year now and she always does a great job. I guess it's only the people who don't have a good experience who blog, most people enjoy the great service without complaint

2. Anonymous says:

ive been going to the clipper for years for my beauty treatments, admittedly ive never had my hair done there but i really am shocked by all these negative coments about the place.the therapist i go to has been working there for as long as ive been going, shes always very professional,efficiant,polite and flexible with her appointments. even though i do have to book up in advance she can always fit me in for an emergency treatment. i wouldnt go any where else,i feel completely comfortable and trust the clipper. they also sell some fabulous products. try them for yourselfs.

3. Martin says:

I just had the worst haircut ever at Bonds. Please avoid it at all costs. It is cheaper than other places but it will end up costing you more because you'll need someone else to have a go afterwards.

Classic duff experience. Asked for length to be kept. So she cut off about 2 inches of hair and gave me a semi-bowl cut. I now look like I'm starting high school circa 1993 aged 11.

To top it off she did this all in less than ten minutes and charged me £16.50.

Like a fool I paid then plucked up courage to say I was unhappy and explained exactly that she did the opposite of what I asked. Said zilch back.

The only good that can come from this is that someone else can learn from my mistake. I'm also looking to set up a support group for other victims at St Alfege.

4. Anonymous says:

As a man who has been going the past year to greenwich clippers i have to say that all the girls there are really friendly, i always get what i ask for and never noticed any dirty surroundings rather than the hair which i think its fair to say all sallons have hair on the floors after a busy day. If you want a freaking make over go to central london and make a loan while your at it or if your to go to the clippers just know what you want(REFERRING TO WOMEN).

5. S A says:

Because of some of the earlier recommendations here, I tried Yvette at Ego today. She is indeed one of the best hairdressers I've had in ages. She really listened to my requests and concerns re my hair, and I left with subtle highlights as requested (I don't like obvious ones, but wanted something that gave my hair some definition). Good layered cut too.

All in all I thought this was a very good salon – from the welcome, consultation, good head massage, fresh filter coffee, everything really.

I can highly recommend Ego. Oh, and the colour and cut worked out about a third less than my usual salon in town, so I will most definitely be returning.

6. Anonymous says:

Finally had a good Greenwich cut- yey! Four months ago I had a very disappointing and quite wonky cut at Reeba in Blackheath. I've got long, straight hair, so amazed they managed to mess my simple layers up to the point where I had to completely re-do at home. I was also unimpressed to be charged a £10 higher price than quoted on the phone. Argued with the girl on the till, but to no avail sadly. Reeba is not cheap either- I know they're in Blackheath, but my rushed cut was not worth the hefty price.
    Today I decided to give Ego on Trafalger Road a go, and have to say was really pleased with the result. Long hair nicely washed with a relaxing head massage thrown in. Stylist (Ali) really listened to what I wanted, and spent nearly an hour cutting my hair and correcting the mistakes of my last do. Layers still looking v.good after windswept walk home. Definitely £38 well spent.

7. methers says:

I'm very pleased with the cut I got today at The Curious Comb. I don't know what they're like for girls, but this man is well pleased with his new look.

8. Anonymous says:

I love the Greenwich Clipper. I tried virtually all the hairdressers in Blackheath to no avail so was relieved when I found Lindsay at the Greenwich Clipper. I recommend this salon to everyone.

9. Claire says:

I have been going to Creed, on Blackheath Hill for years, my usual lady is Lauren but if she is not there then Danielle is always another great hairdresser. Prices are reasonable and I have never had a bad cut there.

I go to the Clipper for beauty treatments and find all the staff to be very friendly.

10. hellmister says:

I used to go to the Greenwich Clipper but got feedup of paying too much for bad haircuts! That place is a shambles

11. nathen brown says:

ive used greenwich clippers a few times and have had no problems, i really like everyone ive seen, and had really hot great coffe, oh and a biscuit, i think everyone gets it wrong sometimes but i do think these guys are really trying to make a sucess,

12. anomamos says:

i had a really great haircut at the greenwich clipper this week, and found the water hot and a choice of herbal teas, all the staff that delt with me where really nice, i think some of these comments are people with a grudge!my opinian is try the salon for yourself,make your own mind up,

13. anon says:

I do think maybe its time to change the
    first entry by KIM back in 2007.Surely
    bad comments on Go West may have changed.
    bring us up to date show us comments from
    2011.

14. anomamos says:

had a haircut at greenwich clipper, and was offered a free treatment in there beautifull beauty salon, its brand new and has a really calm feel to it, ive since booked in for a facial, you really should try it,

15. P says:

i have just returned from The Curious Comb and am so pleased with my cut & colour! Highly recommended!

16. Anon says:

I regularly go to Reeba in Blackheath to have my hair Coloured and cut – I have always found the service impeccable and reasonably priced – the staff are friendly and couldn’t do enough for me. Highly recommended!!

17. sallyanne says:

Ive had a great brazlian blowdry at greenwich clipper, i love the stylist, and really had a relaxing time, all the staff were so freindly, i had my nails done aswell and really love there new beaquty salon, it gives the feeling of a spa!

18. Kathy says:

I have been going to Stefan at Go West for several years as have many friends and my hair has never looked better – some people have actually asked me where I had my colour done. He always gives really useful suggestions as well. It’s not the smartest salon but friendly and Stef has a devoted following.

19. j.k says:

what a great exspirence i had at the greenwich clipper. salon was fab staff where excelent very friendly and welcoming. Had a lovely full body massage and facial, made me feel very special. The new beauty salon feels very much like a spa. would highly rec…

20. Katy says:

Does anyone know anywhere in the area where they cut curly hair well? Had a terrible haircut at the greenwich clipper last year so won’t be going back there. Have also tried aspire in charlton and wasn’t impressed.

21. SP says:

I would like to second Kathy’s comments in support of Go West. Stefan has been cutting and colouring my hair for years and always does a great job.

22. B,H says:

I use the greenwich clipper on a regular basis, i have my hair done with Jodie & kelly, i find them both to be great girls, I also use the beauty salon on avarage 2/3 times a month, all the girls are so friendly, and the new beauty salon is so beaitfull, clean, tidy, warm and very calm,if you are in need of some me time i highly reccomend it,

23. Sian says:

I was reading through this and noticed that Hair and the City on Trafalgar road hasnt been mentioned! Ive been going there for about a year now and have never been so pleased with my hair- I was always leaving salons unhappy, and since coming here thats all changed. i get it cut and coloured by Sarah, all the staff are proffessional, but fun at the same time, and i cant imagine going anywehre else now. They also do some great promotions, like i got 50% off when i first went in because i was a new client! I usually find out about the promotions on there facebook page, or Sarah fills me in when im having my hair done!

24. Anon says:

I’ve tried Curious Comb a few times and have always been disappointed. It is definitely style over substance. Although the decor looks great unfortunately the haircuts don’t leave up to it’s appearance. I won’t be giving them another chance.

25. We would like to offer our sincere apoligies to the person who was unhappy with their service at The Curious Comb. We pride ourselves on our high quality hairdressing and customer service, and would like the opportunity to rectify the situation. If you would to leave anonymous feedback in detail you can send us a text to our private number 07557381937 to ensure that we can continue to improve our levels of service. Kind Regards The Curious Comb Team.

26. Lucy says:

I had the most relaxing facial at the greenwich clipper, my skin feels so clean, i would reccomend clippers to anyone who is need of some pampering and relaxation,

27. sophie says:

I recently purchased a voucher for hair and the city from groupon which was an amazing deal. I had my appointment there and have never been happier. I love the colour and the cut and have had many comments on my hair. Not only was the service great but the salon and staff were very wecoming and made me comfortable. I would recommend hair and the city to everyone :)

28. Adam says:

I have been going to Go West in Blackheath Standard for a few years now; I can not speak highly enough of the service that I receive when visiting. The owner Sue has obviously worked hard over the years to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Her team are a real credit to her, In Particular Fonda who has been cutting my hair since my first visit. Fonda always fits me in at short notice and I can quite honestly say she is the best stylist I have ever had her friendly professional approach and style advice is always welcomed, Fonda is a real credit to Sue and the rest of the team at Go West therefore would recommend her and Go West to anyone who is looking for a new stylist.